Tuesday 26 February 2013

Insomnia

Well I am writing this at 3 in the morning insomnia is a wonderful thing! I have been awake since 2 so I thought I might as well get up and do something productive lol!!  Here is a card I made a while back:


The image is an Inkadinkado stamp which I have coloured with Copics and some Prisma Pencils.  I have distressed around the edges with some Antique Linen DI.  Can't remember who the papers are by, if I remember I will have a look in the daylight.  I have used my Dienamics Bracket die for the border which you can just see. The flower and butterfly are Memory Box, I added the bow from the MB Hearts die.  The lace, pearls, cloth brad and ribbon are all from my stash.  Sentiment is Craftwork Cards from some candy I won from Kath a while back - thank you!!

Cleo passed away very peacefully yesterday, my husband was with her as I had gone to see my aunt.  We have buried her in the garden with a fairy looking over her.  Although it was very difficult to do I am so glad we did it as she was able to stay in her home and we could see that she benefited from being with us surrounded by love and attention.  In the space of less than three weeks we have lost two dearly loved cats.  One was a complete surprise as he was our youngest and although Cleo was 17 she was very fit until about a month ago.  Poor Harry is looking a bit lost now you just don't know what they are thinking, although they were never all the best of pals I am sure they must miss each other.

I am hoping to resume my crafting today nothing like a bit of crafty therapy to help take your mind of things.  Thanks for all your kind words regarding Cleo and my new DT post you are all so wonderful,  although we don't know each other personally, its so nice to have friends all over the world!  Thank you for looking today and take care xx

23 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations Susan on your new DT post, you'll love being on the team, Marie, Shirley and the owners are all fabulous people.
Sorry to hear about Cleo, I know how upset you must be. Sending you hugs
Gorgeous card and I loveeeeeeeee that image, and colored so beautifully too.
hugs
Donna

Glad to see I'm not the only one up at this weird hour...lol

Unknown said...

Doesn't that make you mad when you can't sleep. I only go to bed around the time you are now crafting...then I sleep pretty well but hey this is one fantastic card with lovely image...great card..xx

sue w. said...

Hi Susan, I know the feeling hun, since my girl has been ill sleep seems to have left me and I find myself on here pottering! Sorry about Cleo, but what a fab life you have given her for 17yrs :)
Fab card, just love the image and the colouring is super, the papers match it perfectly.
Hope you manage some sleep eventually.
Hugs Sue W.

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous...i was drooling over that stamp just the other day at the stamp store! I have a birthday coming up very soon so perhaps will treat myself to it with my Bday cash.
I love the way you coloure it. I was looking at the stamp trying to figure out how to colour the eggs and that is just the shade I was thinking of!

The design is lovely. The butterfly MB die is perfect on this card.

Chrissy said...

Oh! Susan, I am so very sorry..it is always so hard when we loose a fur baby..

Gorgeous card, I love that bow and the scrunched tails, so pretty, love the image and wonderful colouring..take care.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Susan. I love the image and the papers and details are beautiful.
Take care, it is always so sad when we have to say goodbye to our pets. It was nice that Cleo spent her last few days surrounded by love.
hugs Sue

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous... I love all the detail and your colouring is fabulous.

So sorry for the loss of your cats.xxx

julie_woolston said...

Oh Susan I am so sorry to hear about Cleo, no wonder you couldn't sleep, sending you hugs.

Your card is gorgeous, beautiful image and wonderful detail.

Hugs Julie x

Patricia said...

CONGRATULATIONS on being chosen to join the DT.
HUGS, you poor thing two of you cats in such a short time. Nice that she was with the family when she went, she had a good life in loving home, they both did.

Your card is beautiful, I love that nest and eggs.

Patricia xx

chrissy xx said...

Sooo sorry to hear your news Susan It's know wonder you were up in the night..time is a great healer although it doesn't feel like it at the moment....
Onto your card...
I had to really look at this image wasn't sure of it at first glance....But, Yes! I LOve it....FABulous colours..FAbulous design..It really is GOrgeous.
Chrissyxx

coops said...

stunning card susan.i love the soft vintage colours and really beautiful details and image.
so sorry to hear about cleo.

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

That is so sad sending you cyber hugs, a beautiful card as always Susan, lovely image and beautifully coloured.
Chris x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning card hun and congrats on your new dt spot so well deserved!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Eileen said...

Aww so sorry about Cleo... we never have them long enough.
Love the card you have made. Fabulous colouring and Wow what a bow....
Congratulations on joining TPS DT you really deserve it. Even though you are on the wrong team :)
Hope you sleep better tonight
Eileen x

Debs said...

So sorry to read about the loss of your lovely Cleo Susan - but as you say she was surrounded by love and will have an angel watching over her now :o)
Fabulous news about your new DT - huge congrats.
Your card is gorgeous - as always - love the colours.
Take care
Debs xx

Lorraine said...

Oh Susan, I'm so sorry you have lost Cloe.

Your card is gorgeous, as always. The image look sgreat and I love the colours and pretty butterfly.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Poor you, must be so difficult now, having to miss Cleo... No wonder you couldn't sleep...
Your card looks so sweet, what a pretty image that is! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Craftychris said...

I am so sorry to hear about Cleo - its so sad when a pet is lost. I love that she has a fairy to watch over her. Congratulations on your DT post - that's brilliant news! Your card is gorgeous - I love the stamp, and as usual your colouring is fabulous. Take care xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Susan, the image is coloured beautifully.
Glad Cleo could spend her final hours at home, you must be so shell shocked losing two so quickly.
Hope you sleep better tonight. Carol x

May said...

Gorgeous card Susan, Love the papers & fabulous stamp...I am so sorry to hear about Cleo.. It's sad when we lose one of our much loved pets... Take care I hope you sleep better tonight!! Hugs May x x x

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Susan, such a beautiful image and lovely colours.
I'm sorry to hear that Cleo passed away, at least she spent her last days at home with those that loved her.
Take care.
Pauline
x

susiestacey said...

Sending you (((hugs))). Your card is lovely today x Susan x

Glenda Atkins said...

So sorry Susan to learn about Cleo, it is so hard to lose a pet. Glad she was surrounded by love when she left! Hugs to you and your husband!

Lovely card with a fabulous image and wonderfully decorated!
hugs
Glenda