Wednesday 6 June 2012

A Day At The Races!


Good morning - I hope it is because this is a scheduled post and I am actually doing it Tuesday afternoon!  I am scheduling this because it is my sister's birthday today and she is currently on holiday in Ripon.  Dave and I are going over there this morning and we are all going out for lunch and then off to the Ripon Races, they are having an evening race.  We will stay over the night so loads of champagne for us lol!! I have never been to a race before so I have been looking forward to it. So I need to schedule this to give me enough time to say hello to all my blog friends and then get ready! Goodness me what to wear because the forecast is pants for the day so I think that's what I'll be wearing!!

Here is my card for today:



I love mermaids and spent most of the summer holidays when I was young swimming and pretending to be a mermaid!  This image is from Sureya called Sounds of the Ocean, you can see her listening to a shell if you look closely.  The paper and sentiment are from Rasperry Road, I digitally added the bottle, shell and seahorse to the corners.  I have cut the sentiment with a Spellbinders die and used some twine which I think was on a label on a pair of jeans.  The sand dollar charm is from my stash.  I have added some Glossy Accents to the bubbles to make them more dimensional.  I have coloured her with Copics and added Twinkling H2Os in Iridescent Blue to her tail which you can see better in this picture:



I would like to enter the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Well that's it for me for today, I'm off on starter's orders lol! Take care xx

26 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Susan love the way you have coloured the mermaid and the paper's are beautiful. Hope you have a great day at the races. Caroline xxx

Claire said...

A really pretty card hun, lovely sweet image and soft colours. Hugs, Claire x

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous colouring on the mermaid Susan, love the charm and the seahorse, beautiful card!
hugs
glenda

Sue said...

Beautiful card Susan,stunning image,beautifuly coloured.Love the charms.
Have a great time with your Sister.
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Susan. Love the mermaid. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic day at the races - don't put all your money on one horse!! LOL.
Lorraine x

julie_woolston said...

Wow Susan this is a gorgeous image and the beautiful colours,love the papers and all the lovely detail.

Hope you have a great time!

Hugs Julie x

Pop's Cards said...

Aaah this is just too cute sweetie. LOVE the colours and papers too, delish! hugs Pops x x

Doreen said...

Love your card Susan...... fab image and papers.xxx !

Unknown said...

Your mermaid card is truly beautiful Susan, such magnificent colours, love the little seahorse, such a beautiful detail as are the tiny 'bubbles' you created, superbly done! Enjoy your sister's birthday party! Hugs, Ira x

nnalorac said...

Such a pretty card Susan, you have captured Sealife beautifully in your card, loving the soft colours, lovely image and love the glossy bubbles, finish your card off perfectly. Enjoy your day at the Races Carolxx

Eileen said...

A beautiful card Susan. Your colouring is perfect. Great layout and adore that seahorse
Eileen x

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love the beautiful image which you've coloured perfectly. Enjoy your day. Carol x

Berry said...

This is utterly stunning must pop over to Sureya and see the latest images! I just love this hugs Rebekah xx

Unknown said...

stunning card and image beautifully coloured, have a fantastic day and hope you win, fingers crossed.
Chris x

Debs said...

Beautiful card Susan - such a gorgeous image and fabulous colouring.
Hope you had a good day at the races.
Enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
Take care
Debs xx

chrissy xx said...

Just gorgeous! What a Fabulous image. LOve your colours Susan and Gorgeous embellishments.
Chrissyxx
I've spent quite a few weekends at Ripon Racecourse doing Dog Obedience...Thanks for the memories lol..Have a Fabulous day x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Susan! what a wonderful image and you've coloured her so beautifully! I love the paper and the little bubbles…and the seahorse. The way you've the done the sentiment with the twine and charm looks fab!
Hope you're having a lovely day at the races…. enjoy the champagne!! ;-))
Love Sue xx

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Susan! what a wonderful image and you've coloured her so beautifully! I love the paper and the little bubbles…and the seahorse. The way you've the done the sentiment with the twine and charm looks fab!
Hope you're having a lovely day at the races…. enjoy the champagne!! ;-))
Love Sue xx

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi Susan
Hope you enjoy the races, I love them but not been for ages.
Great card BTW, love what you did to the backing paper. Great image and beautifully coloured.
Hugs
Suzie xx

coops said...

so stunning suzie.really gorgeous image and colours and i love your pretty details :D
i hope you are having a fab day.


xx coops xx

amanda stokes said...

Hi Susan,
Gorgeous card,beautifully coloured image and fab design
Have a great day! :) x

fairy thoughts said...

stunning card the image is lovely my D£ would love it she was a mermail when younger too. BUt where is your desk... did you forget?
janet #53 you know what I mean:)

Kim said...

Very pretty card. Love the mermaid with her big blue eyes and the dimension on the bubbles!

Annette said...

What a lovely card, love the details!
xoxo Annette

Ally said...

what a fantastic image!! really love your wonderful card!
Hugs, Alessandra

PS: Happy belated Birthday wishes to your Sis!

Sandy said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful - your coloring is perfect and the colors are so alluring. Love that silver sand dollar. I know you had fun at the races.
Sandy